Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A little bit of sunshine


One of the Zodiac alleys of Old Jaffa, a slit of sea and sun



Have no mistakes, I'm not complaining. I am very happy it rained almost every day the past couple of weeks. It is nice to experience a touch of real winter. The temperature has plummeted so in the ungodly hour I go out to work it's in single digits; a rare phenomenon where we live. The sky is gray with low purplish clouds, my favorite weather. I enjoy the rain even when I need to walk almost 10 minutes to my car while my eyeglasses get covered with steam and droplets. The road leading to the lab is very pretty, twisting among mountains laden with woods mist covered like a scene from "Lord of the Rings".
winter sky

As much as I enjoy the winter gloom there are times that a little sunshine is welcomed, like in our last excursion to the old city of Jaffa. We love once in a while getting lost in the narrow alleys and feel the sea spray. It was a cold day but the little bits of sun that came out here and there illuminated all in a nearly magical way. I had a wonderful time taking photos while inhaling salty cold air.



Sun bath for the seagulls 




Like a picture painted by Turner

There will be a serious post one day on Jaffa, it's an amazing city that is as ancient as human civilization, but for now just let us relish a bit of sunshine. 

6 comments:

  1. All your photos are just lovely - this sea oneone really says it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really gorgeous shots! I have to come to Yafo sometime soon, I haven't been there in years...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last picture is gorgeous, it really looks unreal. I meanwhile still need to download lightroom to my new computer...Hopefully we'll have more sun in the coming week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Toby and Sarah, I'm so happy you like my photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your "Winter sky" photo! I don't know if you are looking for constructive critique or not.. If not- Im sorry. Don't read the rest.

    But I think that I would have played around a little more with the light and contrast in that picture. I find the picture slighty too dark and would have prefered to fill light slightly more for a more dramatic effect.

    In either way- Your photos is all lovely.

    ReplyDelete